Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop 0.20.2 and JobConf deprecation

Hadoop 0.20.2 and JobConf deprecation
Hi

After a while away from Hadoop coding, I'm refreshing myself with a walkthrough of the Hadoop 0.20.2 WordCount tutorial at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/mapred_tutorial.html. I've got the hadoop-0.20.2-*.jar files included on my Build Path, and I'm using Eclipse Helios.

In my main() or run() methods (depending on whether I'm looking at WordCount v1 or v2), my JobConf object is deprecated (it's org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf to be more precise). Had JobConf been replaced by something else, without the tutorial being updated? Also, if this is the case, is there a more accurate WordCount example for Hadoop 0.20.2 somewhere, or something equivalent?

Thanks

Tony

This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and then delete the email completely from your system.  Neither Sporting Index nor the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened.  It is the responsibility of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use of this email.  Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Brookfield House, Green Lane, Ivinghoe, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 9ES.  Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Services Authority (reg. no. 150404). Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued
and approved by Sporting Index Ltd.

Outbound email has been scanned for viruses and SPAM