HBase >> mail # user >> HBase is not running.

HBase is not running.
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with getting HBase to run.  I'm following this tutorial:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#start_hbase

When I run that command [ bin/start-hbase.sh start ], nothing happens.  At
all.
My question is why.  I have Java 1.7 on this machine, do I _need_ to get
1.6?