HBase >> mail # user >> HBaseClient recovery from .META. server power down

Re: HBaseClient recovery from .META. server power down
I will create a JIRA ticket ...

The only side-effect I could think of is ... if a RS is having a GC of
a few seconds, any _new_ client trying to connect would get connect
failures. So ... the _initial_ connection to the RS is what would
suffer from a super-low setting of the ipc.socket.timeout. This was my
read of the code.

So - was hoping to get a confirmation if this is the only side effect.
Again - this is on the client side - I wouldn't risk doing this on the
cluster side ...
--Suraj