Sqoop, mail # user - Installing sqoop on Amazon EMR

+
Ibrahim Yakti 2013-01-14, 15:38
Re: Installing sqoop on Amazon EMR
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-15, 06:07
Hi Ibrahim,
how did you compiled the Sqoop? Would you mind trying the following command?

ant clean package -Dhadoopversion=100

* clean - remove any previous compilation outputs, this is to ensure that there are not left any files compiled for different Hadoop version
* package - compile and create package in build/ directory
* -Dhadopversion=100 compile all files for Hadoop 1.0.x

Jarcec

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 06:38:36PM +0300, Ibrahim Yakti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install sqoop on EMR instance (Hadoop 1.0.3), I tried to
> compile it from source (1.4.2) but I am getting this error:
>
> *Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found
> class org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but interface was expected*
>
> I did as the FAQ page (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/FAQ)
> but still with the same error.
>
> I tried to use another versions and all with the same error.
>
> the only tutorial I was able to fine was this:
> http://blog.kylemulka.com/2012/04/how-to-install-sqoop-on-amazon-elastic-map-reduce-emr/
> but as I said I am not using S3 and I need to run it on the same server.
>

> Any suggestion how to install it on Amazon EMR?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Ibrahim
+