HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: high availability

Re: high availability
I think a real fencing is not required in case that you're using
QJM-based HA. If you are using ZKFC, a graceful fencing will first be
triggered in which ZKFC will send a RPC request to the original ANN to
make it standby. If the graceful fencing failed the configured fencing
will be used. In the worst case that your original ANN cannot
transition to standby state, QJM still has built-in single-writer
semantics (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3862,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4915). Thus you can set the
fence method to shell(/bin/true) (since in the current code the fence
configuration is still required).

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE