HBase >> mail # user >> HRegionLocation locateRegionInMeta

+
Weishung Chung 2011-01-27, 23:24
+
Stack 2011-01-28, 00:54
Re: HRegionLocation locateRegionInMeta
The fun thing about HBase is that I can browse the source code to understand
the internal workings of the system and get amazed by the awesome coding
done by talented engineers/coders :) Also, there is an active/strong
community behind it !
I have been working with Mysql for many years but hardly ever browse its
source code. Thanks.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That method does a lookup into the catalog .META. table to find where
> a region is located.  What else you need to know?
> St.Ack
>
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Weishung Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I am trying to understand the HBase data insertion steps/procedures.
> Could
> > anyone kindly enlighten me about this method?
> >
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager
> >
> > private HRegionLocation locateRegionInMeta(final byte [] parentTable,
> >      final byte [] tableName, final byte [] row, boolean useCache)
> >    throws IOException
> >

> > Thank you :)

+
Stack 2011-01-28, 16:58