HBase >> mail # user >> coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~

+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 00:48
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 00:52
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-18, 01:07
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 01:13
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-18, 01:17
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 01:26
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-18, 02:31
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 09:31
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 01:31
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 02:01
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 01:32
+
Wei Tan 2013-02-18, 05:52
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 09:01
Re: coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~
Why?

This seems like an unnecessary overhead.

You are writing code within the coprocessor on the server.  Pessimistic code really isn't recommended if you are worried about performance.

I have to ask... by the time you have executed the code in your co-processor, what would cause the initial write to fail?
On Feb 18, 2013, at 3:01 AM, Prakash Kadel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> its a local read. i just check the last param of PostCheckAndPut indicating if the Put succeeded. Incase if the put success, i insert a row in another table
>
> Sincerely,
> Prakash Kadel
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 2:52 PM, Wei Tan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Is your CheckAndPut involving a local or remote READ? Due to the nature of
>> LSM, read is much slower compared to a write...
>>

>> Best Regards,
>> Wei
>>

>> From:   Prakash Kadel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To:     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>> Date:   02/17/2013 07:49 PM
>> Subject:        coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~
>>

>> hi,
>>  i am trying to insert few million documents to hbase with mapreduce. To
>> enable quick search of docs i want to have some indexes, so i tried to use
>> the coprocessors, but they are slowing down my inserts. Arent the
>> coprocessors not supposed to increase the latency?
>> my settings:
>>   3 region servers
>>  60 maps
>> each map inserts to doc table.(checkAndPut)
>> regionobserver coprocessor does a postCheckAndPut and inserts some rows to
>> a index table.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>> Prakash

Michael Segel  | (m) 312.755.9623