Flume >> mail # user >> why flume agent do not support --fileheader

+
周梦想 2013-02-22, 03:06
Re: why flume agent do not support --fileheader
If I understand your question, using a static interceptor is the
expected way to do this.

Not sure what you mean by agent header? Do you mean all event headers
sent from a specific agent? I don't imagine we will be adding a
command-line parameter to do this, it wouldn't be consistent and would
be superfluous.

If you want to reuse a configuration file, and add a header to inform
what agent it came from, perhaps you could use the hostname interceptor?

On 02/22/2013 12:06 PM, 周梦想 wrote:
> I want add some key/value to the agent header, but it's not convenient
> to do so. why not flume agent support --headerFile just like flume
> avro-client?
>
> my requirement is :
> I want use spooling source to send files to another flume node to
> write to hdfs.
> and i want to name hdfs file to have the original file name prefix,
> not the full path of the orgin file.
>
> now I have to add interceptors of conf to do that.
>
> so I have the question, why not flume agent support --headerFile just
> like flume avro-client?
>
> Best Regards,
> Andy
+