MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Is FileSystem thread-safe?

+
Matthew Farrellee 2013-04-02, 11:41
RE: Is FileSystem thread-safe?
From: Ted Yu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Subject: Re: Is FileSystem thread-safe?
>>FileSystem is an abstract class, what concrete class are you using (DistributedFileSystem, etc) ?
Good point.  I am calling FileSystem.get(URI uri, Configuration conf) with an URI like "hdfs://server:port/..." on a remote server, so I assume it is creating a DistributedFileSystem.  However I am not finding any documentation discussing its thread-safety (or lack thereof), perhaps you can point me to it?
Thanks, john
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-31, 18:52
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-17, 17:14