Pig >> mail # user >> User Defined Comparator

+
Calvin Cheung 2012-07-31, 01:05
Re: User Defined Comparator
There isn't a replacement for ComparisonFunc.  That was written before Pig had types so that users could do type specific comparison functions.   With the addition of types it was felt that ComparisonFunc was no longer necessary.  That said, it's never been removed.  The testing is limited at this point, so I don't know how well it works.  If you find it works for you though you could still use it.

Alan.

On Jul 30, 2012, at 6:05 PM, Calvin Cheung wrote:

> Since ComparisonFunc is now depreciated, what is its replacement? I can't
> any information in the Javadoc. Is it safe to continue to extend
> ComparisonFunc for custom ordering?
>
> Thanks.
> Calvin
+