Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib

Re: [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib
Allen Wittenauer 2011-02-18, 16:11

On Feb 18, 2011, at 2:11 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> I don't know how many Y-employees are working on H internally. Only
> the contributors can sort that out.

Did Carol Bartz run over your puppy or something?  You don't appear to realize that pretty much all the major companies that house the major committers are doing essentially the same thing:  work on a major feature patch with their internal teams then offer up the patch mostly complete, having dealt with all of the minor nits on the way due to having field tested it for real.   The patches still get discussed before getting committed.  In some cases, this has resulted in either the patch getting rejected/not committed or reworked.

I sometimes wonder if the people who troll the team realize that Hadoop is essentially a distributed, networked operating system.  That requires a higher level of quality control than a simple framework.