MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-10-07, 07:00
+
Bobby Evans 2013-10-07, 15:20
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-07, 18:42
+
Tassapol Athiapinya 2013-10-07, 19:07
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-10-07, 19:21
+
Ramya Sunil 2013-10-07, 21:42
+
Devaraj k 2013-10-09, 12:05
+
Chris Douglas 2013-10-09, 08:29
+
Thomas Graves 2013-10-08, 13:48
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-10-08, 22:13
+
Zhijie Shen 2013-10-09, 07:10
+
Steve Loughran 2013-10-09, 08:28
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-10-10, 17:06
+
Bikas Saha 2013-10-10, 17:18
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-10-10, 17:59
+
Jian He 2013-10-10, 20:12
+
Jun Ping Du 2013-10-09, 14:39
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-10-09, 14:24
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-09, 21:34
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
+1 (binding)

- Verified signatures and checksums
- Deployed binary tarball to a single-node cluster and successfully ran
sample jobs
- Built source, deployed to a single-node cluster and successfully ran
sample jobs

Jason

On 10/07/2013 02:00 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.2.0 that I would like to get released - this release fixes a small number of bugs and some protocol/api issues which should ensure they are now stable and will not change in hadoop-2.x.
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.2.0-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.2.0-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>
> P.S.: Thanks to Colin, Andrew, Daryn, Chris and others for helping nail down the symlinks-related issues. I'll release note the fact that we have disabled it in 2.2. Also, thanks to Vinod for some heavy-lifting on the YARN side in the last couple of weeks.
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-10-13, 16:26
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-10-13, 17:37
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-10-13, 22:32
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-10-15, 06:03