Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-07-27, 03:24
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-07-27, 08:01
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-07-27, 06:59
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-07-27, 05:39
+
Hitesh Shah 2012-07-27, 04:11
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-07-27, 03:53
+
Edward J. Yoon 2012-07-27, 03:56
+
Tsz Wo \ 2012-07-27, 04:53
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-27, 21:26
+
Owen OMalley 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Harsh J 2012-07-27, 21:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-07-27, 14:10
+
Tom White 2012-07-27, 13:44
+
Steve Loughran 2012-07-27, 18:58
+
Jonathan Eagles 2012-07-30, 15:57
+
Eli Collins 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-07-31, 18:53
+
Devaraj Das 2012-07-31, 21:46
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-08-01, 04:17
+
Stephan Kang 2012-08-01, 13:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-03, 07:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-08, 19:29
+
Tom White 2012-08-13, 21:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-14, 18:19
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-14, 18:27
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 00:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-15, 15:52
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 21:24
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-15, 21:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-16, 18:27
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-16, 20:38
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 19:59
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:08
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:21
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:41
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-16, 21:34
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-17, 00:41
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-17, 02:37
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-17, 05:53
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-21, 22:46
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-21, 23:13
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-22, 18:38
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-22, 18:43
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-23, 18:13
Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Eli Collins 2012-08-23, 18:33
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> So we might better just vote on (2)
>>> versus (3)?
>>
>> Works for me.  What do others think?
>
> Can you clarify more on what you are proposing we vote on?
>
> What does (2) mean?

"Distinct MR, HDFS and YARN committers" means that MR, HDFS, and YARN
each have their own set of committers. Today we have two sets (MR and
HDFS) so under this option we would have three sets of committers.
(And technically a 4th set which is the PMC which is shared across
sub-projects and can commit to all of them).

> Since (1) was dropped, does it mean we seed the YARN list with folks who have been contributing/reviewing patches on YARN?

The vote would need to spell out how we would seed the YARN list. Per
above I'd suggest seeding it with the current MR committers - ie the
people who can commit to YARN today - there's no need to actively
exclude people we already trust to commit to this code, and there's
obvious downside to excluding them, for example, some patches need to
span sub-projects (same reason all HDFS/MR committers can commit to
Common).  If/when the sub-projects become TLPs (ie when there are real
distinct boundaries between the projects) seems like a good time to
divvy things up.

Personally I'm in favor of #3, I liked Chris D's original proposal to
just merge all the committer lists and call it a day!

Thanks,
Eli
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-24, 02:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-24, 04:08
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-23, 19:43
+
Ted Dunning 2012-08-17, 17:13
+
Thomas Graves 2012-08-13, 14:16
+
Jason Lowe 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Ryan Grymes 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-16, 22:31
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-15, 03:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-15, 05:58