Accumulo, mail # user - Accumulo Between Two Centers (DR - disaster recovery)

+
David Medinets 2012-09-26, 12:00
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-09-26, 12:08
+
Eric Newton 2012-09-26, 13:46
Re: Accumulo Between Two Centers (DR - disaster recovery)
Adam Fuchs 2012-09-26, 14:43
Another way to say this is that cross-data center replication for Accumulo
is left to a layer on top of Accumulo (or the application space). Cassandra
supports a mode in which you can have a bigger write replication than write
quorum, allowing writes to eventually propagate and reads to happen on
stale versions of the data. This increases availability at the cost of
consistency, which is important when dealing with links that are less
reliable or higher latency (but does nothing special for lower bandwidth
links). Cassandra, running in this mode, leaves dealing with eventual
consistency to the application space, which might be only slightly less
challenging than implementing a cross-data center replication scheme.

Adam