HBase, mail # dev - tar ball not getting created from the latest trunk code

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-04-02, 05:38
Re: tar ball not getting created from the latest trunk code
Stack 2013-04-02, 06:55
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I checked out a new trunk code base today.  I tried the following commands
> to create a tar ball.
> mvn -X -DskipTests help:active-profiles package assembly:assembly -Prelease
> -Dhadoop.profile=2.0
> mvn clean install -Dhadoop.profile=2.0 -DskipTests assembly:assembly
>
> mvn clean install javadoc:aggregate site assembly:assembly
> -Dhadoop.profile=2.0 -DskipTests -Prelease
>
> But no tar ball is getting created in the target folder and also checked
> inside hbase-assembly/target.
>
> I think this behaviour has changed very recently as i was able to get the
> tar ball till last week( but not sure which day's update it was).
>
> What am i missing here?
>
> Any pointers/help is much appreciated.

Pardon me Ram.  I have been working on it of late.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8187 is the issue that changed
how you package.  See the release notes for commands to run.  I'll update
the documentation soon, as soon as it settles (sill some flux going on, see
HBASE-8224).

Sorry for any inconvenience,
St.Ack
+