HBase >> mail # user >> customize partitioning of regionserver

+
Weishung Chung 2011-01-10, 18:14
+
Buttler, David 2011-01-10, 18:48
Re: customize partitioning of regionserver
Thanks for the reply.
In my use case, I have to retrieve a range of data usually by month and
operate on them before reinserting them, so it would be nice if i could
partition by month but then I don't know how would the partition affect the
mapreduce job.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Buttler, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not to my knowledge.  Partitions are dynamically determined. As your table
> grows, regions become too large and are split roughly in half.  This
> prevents unbalanced regions.  Any predetermined partitioning will ultimately
> fail because you don't know your data as well as you think you do.
>
> Dave

+
Buttler, David 2011-01-10, 19:19
+