Zookeeper >> mail # user >> how do you examine the transaction log?

+
Brian Tarbox 2013-03-25, 19:53
Re: how do you examine the transaction log?
org.apache.zookeeper.server.SnapshotFormatter and
org.apache.zookeeper.server.LogFormatter  can both be used to print out
Snapshots and Txn Logs. That's what we use for stuff like this.
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Brian Tarbox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm running on Amazon's EC2 and "sometimes" find myself with ephemeral
> nodes after all of my workers have exited or been terminated.
>
> I've seen other reports of this problem that turned out to be user error
> after one of the Zookeeper maintainers dumped the transaction log and found
> a problem. (See Jira issue ZOOKEEPER-1600)
>
> I'd love to solve this problem myself but the transaction log looks binary
> to me.  I see references to my nodes and paths but any actions look binary.
>  Is there a way to decipher the log?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> http://about.me/BrianTarbox