Drill >> mail # dev >> Disclaimer clarification, where are the rules everyone is talking about?

Disclaimer clarification, where are the rules everyone is talking about?
Can someone please point me at the place where the definitive list of rules
around the incubator disclaimer are presented.  It seems to be a moving
target.  See the three conflicting sets of statements below by Isabel, the
wiki, and David.  Maybe I'm just missing where I should be reading?  I
promise you, we're trying to get this right.  Someone please help...

thanks,
Jacques
In the RC3 thread Isabel said:

"Also the release should contain the incubator disclaimer e.g. in the
README,
Release notes or similar - see "The incubator disclaimer" in the above
release management best practices."

Checking the url [1] she pointed to,  I see only three references to the
disclaimer.  None are particularly specific or helpful:

   - TODO: the incubator requires that users are informed that the by
   including a standard disclaimer. may be include in README, RELEASE_NOTES
   DISCLAIMER. It is recommended that it is not included in NOTICES
   - Check disclaimer is distributed TODO: link
   - It is strongly recommended that the NOTICE contains only these legally
   important contents. The incubator disclaimer is best placed in another
   document.
Now David Fisher is saying in DRILL-225

"You need to have a file called DISCLAIMER. This is the incubator
requirement. Having it in the README.md is nice, but if you want to
generate an acceptable release it is supposed to be a separate file."
[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice