Drill, mail # dev - Disclaimer clarification, where are the rules everyone is talking about?

Disclaimer clarification, where are the rules everyone is talking about?
Jacques Nadeau 2013-09-13, 06:20
Can someone please point me at the place where the definitive list of rules
around the incubator disclaimer are presented.  It seems to be a moving
target.  See the three conflicting sets of statements below by Isabel, the
wiki, and David.  Maybe I'm just missing where I should be reading?  I
promise you, we're trying to get this right.  Someone please help...

thanks,
Jacques
In the RC3 thread Isabel said:

"Also the release should contain the incubator disclaimer e.g. in the
README,
Release notes or similar - see "The incubator disclaimer" in the above
release management best practices."

Checking the url [1] she pointed to,  I see only three references to the
disclaimer.  None are particularly specific or helpful:

   - TODO: the incubator requires that users are informed that the by
   including a standard disclaimer. may be include in README, RELEASE_NOTES
   DISCLAIMER. It is recommended that it is not included in NOTICES
   - Check disclaimer is distributed TODO: link
   - It is strongly recommended that the NOTICE contains only these legally
   important contents. The incubator disclaimer is best placed in another
   document.
Now David Fisher is saying in DRILL-225

"You need to have a file called DISCLAIMER. This is the incubator
requirement. Having it in the README.md is nice, but if you want to
generate an acceptable release it is supposed to be a separate file."
[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice