Pig >> mail # user >> GSoC 2013

+
burakkk 2013-03-28, 20:28
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2013-03-29, 16:10
+
burakkk 2013-03-30, 17:12
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2013-04-01, 16:20
+
burakkk 2013-04-01, 18:35
+
burakkk 2013-04-02, 08:04
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2013-04-02, 16:20
+
burakkk 2013-04-02, 16:48
Hi,
I think this is an interesting project but is not core to "Pig" itself --
it may be more interesting / viable as a standalone project on github that
uses Pig to implement graph algorithms.
At this point in its development, I feel that Pig needs to concentrate on
doing the things it already does, and do them better (operator efficiency,
storage efficiency, better MR plan generation, etc) rather than expand to
specific verticals; we should allow our users to create their own solution
suites that use Pig for specific purposes. A successful example of such a
standalone project is PacketPig (https://github.com/packetloop/packetpig) ,
a PCAP network capture analysis tool.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM, burakkk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know that but giraph tries to use bsp. What I'm saying is nothing shared
> model except reducers. Besides I don't want to divide iteration. One phase
> is still responsible for whole iteration. Every different origin vertex
> will be processed in parallel.
>
> Thanks
> Best regards...
>

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>
> > FYI, Giraph has a Random Walk implementation.
> >
> > Pig does not support iteration natively, so any iterative algorithm is
> not
> > a very good fit for it. Just my 2c.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Gianmarco
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM, burakkk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > So what do you suggest? Is it clear?

> way I
> > or
> > use
> > improve
> > operator.
> > That's
> > > implementation
> haven't
> model
> > > pig.

> or
> > do

> > > tried

> as
> > > generate a
> > > finishing
+
Steve Bernstein 2013-04-08, 19:22
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2013-04-09, 07:10