MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Re: svn commit: r1304067 - in /hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.23/hadoop-mapreduce-project: ./ bin/ conf/ hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/src/main/resources/ hadoop-mapreduce-examples/ hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/ hadoop-yarn/ha

+
Harsh J 2012-03-23, 04:45
+
Tsz Wo Sze 2012-03-23, 18:01
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-03-22, 22:49
+
Tsz Wo Sze 2012-03-22, 23:32
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-03-22, 23:43
+
Eli Collins 2012-03-22, 23:12
+
Tsz Wo Sze 2012-03-22, 23:38
+
Eli Collins 2012-03-22, 23:49
+
Owen OMalley 2012-03-23, 00:03
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To me, I'd much much rather have the human readable description of what is
> being fixed and I mostly could care less about which subversion commit it
> corresponds to. I'd be all for using the CHANGE.txt description as the
> commit message for both trunk and the branches.

+1. I never even use the svn merge command to merge between branches.
I just apply the patch separately to each branch. The svn metadata on
single-patch merges seems pretty much useless, best I can tell.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera