Avro >> mail # user >> expect specific record but get generic

+
Koert Kuipers 2013-10-21, 15:41
+
Doug Cutting 2013-10-21, 17:07
Re: expect specific record but get generic
doug, could it be a classloader (instead of classpath) issue? looking at
spark it seems to run the tasks inside the slaves/workers with a custom
classloader.
thanks! koert
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If the generated classes are not on the classpath then the generic
> representation is used.  So, yes, this sounds like a classpath
> problem.
>
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Koert Kuipers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > i am observing that on a particular system (spark) my code breaks in that
> > avro does not return the specific record i expected but instead returns
> > generic records.
> >

> > i suspect this is some class loading issue on the distributed system
> > (something about how the classpath is constructed for the spark slaves).
> >
> > anyone had class loading issues get in the way of avro specific?

+
Doug Cutting 2013-10-21, 20:49
+
Koert Kuipers 2013-10-21, 21:12