Hadoop >> mail # user >> Using hadoop for analytics

Re: Using hadoop for analytics
Hi Prashant

Welcome to Hadoop Community. :)

Hadoop is meant for processing large data volumes. Saying that, for your
custom requirements you should write your own mapper and reducer that
contains your business logic for processing the input data. Also you can
have a look at hive and pig, which are tools built on top of map reduce
that is highly used for data analysis. Hive supports SQL like queries. If
your requirements could be satisfied with Hive or Pig, it is highly
 recommend to go with those.