Created ACCUMULO-1067 ACCUMULO-1068 and ACCUMULO-1069 to capture these.
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Jim Klucar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree with the javadoc comment. I could even pony up to supplying a
> patch for that. Also, the setProperty and removeProperty method names are
> somewhat ambiguous. Since there are two get methods, perhaps
> setSystemProperty and removeSystemProperty. To that end, before I wrote
> this up at all I had used both getters, and neither worked.
> John, can you be more specific about what an allowable prefix is? I think
> I was setting something like "jim.is.cool", which may seem like it should
> be an allowable prefix, my guess is that it's not.
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > I don't think your property is coming back because you're using
>> > getSiteConfiguration(). I believe that just spits back the configuration
>> > from the xml files. getSystemConfiguration() will return data as it is
>> I totally missed that. You do need to call getSystemConfiguration().
>> I just went and looked at the code to be sure. Looking at the code,
>> I think you can still run into the issue I mentioned where you read
>> from a tablet server before the zookeeper event gets there.
>> getSystemConfiguration() also goes to random tablet server to read the
>> config. And following that through, it reads the config from a
>> ZooCache on the tablet server.
>> We really need javadoc for InstanceOperations.getSystemConfiguration()
>> and InstanceOperations.getSiteConfiguration().
>> > Zookeeper, which is where that property will be. I had no problems using
>> > the shell to set a non-existant property (with an allowable prefix),
>> > it back, and then delete it.
>> > As for the error, that's a bit new to me. Check to make sure there's
>> > nothing in the master and tserver logs with it.
>> > On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Jim Klucar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >> I'm not sure if this is a MiniAccumulo or an InstanceOperations or a me
>> >> problem. If I do a InstanceOperations.setProperty followed by a
>> >> getSiteConfiguration, my property isn't there. Does it have to be a
>> >> pre-defined property?
>> >> More concerning if I do a removeProperty of the property I'm setting,
>> >> seeing this:
>> >> org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloException:
>> >> org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error processing
>> >> removeSystemProperty
>> >> at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.MasterClient.execute
>> >> (MasterClient.java:123)
>> >> (InstanceOperationsImpl.java:86)
>> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0
>> >> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:-2)
>> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>> >> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>> >> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>> >> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>> >> This was all on a 1.5-SNAPSHOT I made this evening.