Zookeeper, mail # user - Getting confused with the "recipe for lock"

Re: Getting confused with the "recipe for lock"
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-11, 20:20
If client1's hearbeat fails its main watcher will get a Disconnect event. Well behaving ZK applications must watch for this and assume that it no longer holds the lock and, thus, should delete its node. If client1 needs the lock again it should try to re-acquire it from step 1 of the recipe. Further, well behaving ZK applications must re-try node deletes if there is a connection problem. Have a look at Curator's implementation for details.

-JZ