HBase, mail # dev - DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96

Re: DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96
Elliott Clark 2013-07-19, 21:02
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not enough to version the file format, we have also found it necessary
> change the block encoder interfaces to maintain good performance.

That's fine that still doesn't necessitate pulling this into 0.96.
The rpc has the ability to specify what Codecs are usable.  That
should allow the creation of new block encoders and new apis used in
HFileV3 and allow the older versions to co-exist perfectly well.  That
should mean that it's possible to make this change in a later version
without holding up 0.96.