Avro, mail # user - Getting the SSL Client DN

Re: Getting the SSL Client DN
Pritchard, Charles X. -ND... 2013-10-17, 21:28
No, I haven't setup a local TLS channel.

There's a more complex example here from Flume's use of an avro protocol:
https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/flume-1.5/flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/AvroSource.java

See: AdvancedChannelPipelineFactory
It's based on the example you were reading.

I did see some Netty examples using those methods -- it seems like state somewhere needs to be set around the time that the client certificate is checked.

The flume example pops back over to avro rpc NettyServer with its pipeline factory, but also uses SpecificResponder, and I haven't found a great point in which I might inject data,
as I am trying to add information from the SSL cert into the message being sent over the wire.

-Charles