HBase, mail # user - Linear Scalability in HBase

Linear Scalability in HBase
Ramu M S 2013-10-25, 04:45
Hi All,

I am running HBase 0.94.6 with 8 region servers and getting throughput of
around 15K Read OPS and 20K Write OPS per server through YCSB tests. Table
is pre created with 8 regions per region server and it has 120 million
records of 700 bytes each.

I increased the number of region servers to 25,  pre created table with 8
regions per region server and loaded 375 Million records. I'm getting a
throughput of 12K Read OPS and 19K Write OPS per server. A drop of 20% per
server for read and drop of 10% per server for write.

Distribution of load on region servers is even in all region server in both
scenarios for read and write.

I wanted to understand if HBase does scale performance linearly? Any
configurations I'm missing? Any factors that might affect this linear
scalability?

Regards,
Ramu