Hadoop >> mail # user >> NameNode heapsize

+
siuon@...) 2011-06-10, 11:32
+
James Seigel 2011-06-10, 12:16
+
Brian Bockelman 2011-06-10, 12:22
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-06-10, 14:00
+
siuon@...) 2011-06-10, 16:31
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-13, 12:52
Re: NameNode heapsize

On Jun 13, 2011, at 5:52 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:

> Unless your cluster is bigger than Facebooks, you have too many small files

+1

(I'm actually sort of surprised the NN is still standing with only 24mb.  The gc logs would be interesting to look at.)

I'd also likely increase the block size, distcp files to the new block size, and then replace the old files with the new files.