HBase, mail # user - Put while move or split

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-02, 22:10
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-02, 23:33
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 02:53
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-03, 09:43
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-03, 03:45
+
Michel Segel 2012-12-03, 10:23
+
Harsh J 2012-12-03, 13:57
Re: Put while move or split
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 17:30
Thanks all for your comments.

I was talking about the 3 minutes period because by default, ZK will
have a 3 minute timeout. So if a server crash, it can take up to 3
minutes to Zookeeper to detect that. And in this meantime, the client
might not be able to access the impacted regions.

So what I was wondering is, what's the right wait to handle that.
Should we always catch all the failures of all the put/get and others
and have a backup plan? Or is sometime hbase taking care of that.

So what I have understand here is that HBase will take care of the
put/get when regions are "simply" moving and temporary unavailable
(compaction, etc.) but the client should take care of bigger issues
like when the region is not available for a longer period for any
reason.

JM