HBase >> mail # dev >> org.apache.hadoop.hbase vs org.apache.hbase namespace

+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-02-07, 07:46
+
Stack 2013-02-07, 17:36
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-02-07, 17:10
+
Gary Helmling 2013-02-07, 17:37
Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase vs org.apache.hbase namespace
I'ev filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7797 for this. We
should not release with two namespaces.
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Gary Helmling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There have been previous discussions about changing.  I don't recall the
> exact conclusions, but if we did change we would break every java client
> there.  Is the benefit really worth the mass incompatibility?
>

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Related question, any reason (other than lack of inertia) why we are
> > still org.apache.hadoop.hbase instead of org.apache.hbase?
> >
> > Jon.
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM, Matteo Bertozzi
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Is there a reason why the prefix-tree and cell code is inside
> > > org.apache.hbase instead of the traditional org.apache.hadoop.hbase?
> >

> > --
> > // Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
> > // Software Engineer, Cloudera
> > // [EMAIL PROTECTED]