HBase >> mail # user >> HDFS + HBASE process high cpu usage

HDFS + HBASE process high cpu usage
Hi,

I have a cluster of 3 DN/RS and another computer hosting NN/Master.

From some reason, two of the DataNode nodes are showing high load average (~17).
When using "top" I can see HDFS and HBASE processes are the one using the most of the cpu (95% in top).

When inspecting both HDFS and HBASE through JVisualVM on the problematic nodes, I can clearly see that the cpu usage is high.

Any ideas why its happening on those two nodes (and why the 3rd is resting happily)?

All three computers have roughly the same hardware.
The Cluster (both HBASE and HDFS) are not used currently (during my inspection).

Both HDFS and HBASE logs don't show any particular activity.
Any leads on where should I look for more would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Asaf
+
Asaf Mesika 2012-07-12, 17:12