MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop Solaris OS compatibility

Hadoop Solaris OS compatibility
Hi All,

Since few years, I'm working as hadoop admin on Linux platform,Though we
have majority of servers on Solaris (Sun Sparc hardware). Many times I have
seen that hadoop is compatible with Linux. Is that right?. If yes then what
all things I need to have so that I can run hadoop on Solaris in
production? Do I need to build hadoop source on Solaris?

Thanks
Jitendra