HDFS >> mail # user >> Yarn communication between containers

+
blah blah 2013-03-27, 12:08
Re: Yarn communication between containers
Hi tmp,

YARN doesn't provide an explicit protocol for doing this.  Applications are
expected to have their own mechanism for communication between task
containers, other task containers, and app masters.  If you want to see how
this is done in MapReduce, I would suggest looking at the
TaskUmbilicalProtocol, which is implemented on the AM side by
TaskAttemptListenerImpl and created on the Container side in YarnChild.
 Through such a protocol, you could give containers the locations of other
containers that would allow them to communicate correctly.

-Sandy