MapReduce >> mail # user >> splittable vs seekable compressed formats

+
John Lilley 2013-05-23, 17:31
Re: splittable vs seekable compressed formats
I think seeking is a property of the fs , so any file stored in hdfs is
seekable. Inputstream is seekable and outputstream isn't. FileSystem
supports seekable.

Thanks,
Rahul