HBase >> mail # dev >> Question on HBASE-5213: "hbase master stop" does not bring down backup masters

Question on HBASE-5213: "hbase master stop" does not bring down backup masters
Link: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5213

>From my tests, calling "hbase master stop" or "HBaseAdmin.shutdown()" does
not seem to bring down backup masters.  JD seemed to have fixed this in
HBASE-1448 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1448), but it looks
like that code went away with the master rewrite.  Does anyone have an
objection to me fixing using the same idea/code as 1448 (adding a "shutdown
node" in ZK on which all masters should listen)?  Or perhaps the omission
was intentional?

Thanks,
Greg