HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase Rest service start/stop with HBase service.

+
Julian Zhou 2013-05-10, 06:41
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-10, 17:44
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-10, 13:45
Re: HBase Rest service start/stop with HBase service.
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Julian Zhou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Recently, lots of developments and applications were done and deployed
> based on consuming HBase Rest API. For Restful servlet
> (org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.Main (0.94),
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.RESTServer (trunk)) on Jetty, we need to
> first explicitly start the service (% ./bin/hbase-daemon.sh start rest
> -p 8000 ) for application running. Here is a scenario, sometimes, HBase
> cluster are stopped/started for maintanence, but rest is a seperated
> standalone process, which binds the HBaseAdmin at construction method.
> HBase stop/start cause this binding lost for existing rest servlet. Rest
> servlet still exist to trying on old bound HBaseAdmin until a long time
> duration later with an "Unavailable" caught via an IOException caught in
> such as RootResource.

Should we just start the REST webapp beside the UI so it is always on?
St.Ack
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-11, 01:30
+