Accumulo, mail # dev - RE: Use pre-integration-test to start instamo, run tests in integration-test, then stop instamo in post-integration-test?

+
Corey Nolet 2013-03-21, 11:53
+
David Medinets 2013-03-21, 10:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-21, 12:20
+
Tim Reardon 2013-03-22, 01:59
Re: Use pre-integration-test to start instamo, run tests in integration-test, then stop instamo in post-integration-test?
David Medinets 2013-03-22, 02:42
Who is in charge of changing the Jenkins configuration? It would be
nice to know if the build process executes the integration-test phase.
By default, integration-test runs test classes named **/IT*.java,
**/*IT.java, and **/*ITCase.java. Once the Jenkins build is confirmed,
then renaming the long-running tests should not be difficult.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Tim Reardon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1 for Corey. In other projects I've seen alot of mileage out of moving
> longer running tests to an "it" profile that Hudson/Jenkins runs by
> default, alleviating some of the burden for developers of running a basic
> mvn clean install while still maintaining a fallback via the CI build.
>

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM, David Medinets
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Running org.apache.accumulo.proxy.SimpleTest
>> > Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 37.844
>> > sec <<< FAILURE!
>> >
>> > I am continued to be concerned by this unit test in the proxy module.
>> > And a few others that are long-running. I haven't found time to dig
>> > into the code but I assume it is the issue related to spinning up the
>> > Accumulo processes for the test. Could one instance of Instamo be spun
>> > up during the pre-integration-test and spin down during
>> > post-integration-test as stand-alone processes? Then any tests
>> > associated with Instamo can be run inside the integration-test phase.
>>
>> Christopher has mentioned moving some test to integration test.  He
>> may have created a ticket.   There has also been discussion by Eric
>> and Christopher about moving alot of the existing functional test to
>> integration test.  Some of the functional test restart processes, and
>> may not be suitable for integration test.
>>
>> This would all be great for 1.6.  Some test may need to spin up their
>> own Accumulo instance.  Would need to evaluate each test and see if it
>> needs own instance or can use a shared instance (w/ tables names
>> unique to the test).

>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Accumulo-Trunk-Hadoop-2.0/150/changes>

+
Corey Nolet 2013-03-22, 02:51