Sqoop >> mail # user >> String replace functionality in Sqoop import using Oozie

+
Nitin kak 2013-02-04, 19:41
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-04, 20:28
+
Nitin kak 2013-02-04, 20:31
Re: String replace functionality in Sqoop import using Oozie
Hi Jarcec,

      Its works perfect. Thanks. Do you think the
name--hive-delims-replacement is a little misguiding, in terms of the scope
it can be used with. I feel that for both parameters

--hive-drop-import-delims and
--hive-delims-replacement

Should we raise a ticket to change the names to reflect the scope of these
clauses in the future release(like probably remove "hive" from them).

Thanks,
Nitin
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Nitin kak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ahh..Thats just perfect..thanks Jarcec
>

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Nitin,
>> even though that the name might suggest that command line argument
>> --hive-delims-replacement is related to hive, it's not true and this
>> argument is independent. Thus you can use it without --hive-import and it
>> should work correctly in oozie as well.
>>
>> Jarcec
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 02:41:36PM -0500, Nitin kak wrote:
>> > Hi guys,
>> >

>> >      Is there a way to replace (or drop) a character in one of the
>> fields
>> > on the fly while importing data from an RDBMS system? I basically want
>> > replace Ctrl-A characters in the fields. I know its possible to do that
>> > with Sqoop Hive Import(--hive-delims-replacement) but Hive Sqoop import
>> is
>> > know not to work correctly with Oozie(hope this one gets remedied soon).
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Nitin Kak

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-05, 01:10