HBase, mail # user - HRegionserver daemon is not running on region server node

Re: HRegionserver daemon is not running on region server node
Suraj Varma 2011-11-27, 20:34
So - first of all:
> hbase-regionserver2: bash: line 0: cd: {HBASE_HOME}/bin/..:
> No such file or
> directory

This indicates that the environment of the process running
hbase-regionserver2 is not set correctly. It is not able to find the
directory.

Is hbase running as a different user?

I think your first step should be to get the above "No such file or
directory" errors resolved. Did you set HBASE_HOME in the  environment
manually? If a new bash env is created, will that env get inherited?

So - start simple steps first - get hbase running stand alone, then
move to pseudo / fully distributed.

By introducing variables like wired/wireless etc in your network, you
are introducing uncertainities which will bite you on an ongoing basis
(wireless going down, increased latencies, etc, etc). So - the cluster
is unlikely to be stable with such a setup.

I would recommend going with a fully wired setup, if your goal is to
have a stable hbase cluster. If it is a "at home test cluster", then
that's fine - but be prepared for frequent cluster reboots. :)

--Suraj