Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release 0.20.204.0-rc0

+
Owen OMalley 2011-07-26, 02:05
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-07-28, 19:04
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2011-07-28, 20:56
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2011-07-29, 00:02
+
Aaron T. Myers 2011-07-29, 00:11
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-07-29, 00:26
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-07-29, 00:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-07-29, 00:40
+
Eli Collins 2011-07-29, 01:40
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-07-29, 02:08
+
Aaron T. Myers 2011-07-29, 02:13
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-07-29, 04:54
+
Steve Loughran 2011-07-29, 11:01
+
Steve Loughran 2011-07-29, 13:51
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-07-29, 15:59
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-07-29, 16:07
+
Steve Loughran 2011-07-29, 11:04
+
Suresh Srinivas 2011-07-29, 16:51
+
Matt Foley 2011-08-02, 10:00
+
Steve Loughran 2011-08-02, 11:28
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-08-02, 18:08
+
Eli Collins 2011-08-02, 19:23
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-08-02, 20:33
+
Steve Loughran 2011-08-03, 10:04
+
Eric Yang 2011-08-03, 16:35
+
Eli Collins 2011-08-03, 16:46
+
Steve Loughran 2011-08-03, 13:57
+
Matt Foley 2011-08-03, 21:14
+
Eli Collins 2011-08-03, 22:33
+
Koji Noguchi 2011-08-03, 22:58
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-03, 23:57
+
Steve Loughran 2011-08-02, 11:22
Re: [VOTE] Release 0.20.204.0-rc0
Yu Li 2011-08-08, 15:36
Hi all,

I've just run unit test of 0.20.204 using SUN jdk1.6.0_21, on a 64bit RHEL
machine, and find the following cases failed:

[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestart FAILED (timeout)
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestartWithLostTracker
FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerSafeMode FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TestMRWithDistributedCache FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TestTrackerDistributedCacheManager
FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestMiniMRMapRedDebugScript FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestRecoveryManager FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTaskTrackerLocalization FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestartWithCS FAILED
(timeout)
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestRackAwareTaskPlacement FAILED

I run each failed test case for 4 times, the above 9 cases failed for each
round, while the last case succeeded twice and failed twice.

I also tested 0.20.203 rc1 with the same testing environment some time
earlier, and got almost the same result(with the failed cases attached
below)

[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestart FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestartWithLostTracker
FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerSafeMode FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TestMRWithDistributedCache FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TestTrackerDistributedCacheManager
FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestMiniMRMapRedDebugScript FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestRecoveryManager FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTaskTrackerLocalization FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.TestHdfsProxy FAILED

Could somebody have a look on these failed test cases? Or tell me if I set
anything wrong in my environment? Many thanks.

PS: I referred to http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions about
setting the testing environment.

--
Best Regards,
Li Yu

On 2 August 2011 19:22, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 29/07/11 17:51, Suresh Srinivas wrote:
>
>> I'd like to get HADOOP-7468 in, which deletes log4j.properties from the
>>>
>> JAR. Someone did a patch for it yesterday
>>

> I patched trunk but not the 20.20x branch
>
>  This bug is not marked as a blocker. In that case I think we should pick
>> this up in 205 release that is going to out soon.

+
Owen OMalley 2011-08-08, 16:26
+
Yu Li 2011-08-08, 17:03