Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release 0.20.204.0-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.20.204.0-rc0
Hi all,

I've just run unit test of 0.20.204 using SUN jdk1.6.0_21, on a 64bit RHEL
machine, and find the following cases failed:

[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestart FAILED (timeout)
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestartWithLostTracker
FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerSafeMode FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TestMRWithDistributedCache FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TestTrackerDistributedCacheManager
FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestMiniMRMapRedDebugScript FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestRecoveryManager FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTaskTrackerLocalization FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestartWithCS FAILED
(timeout)
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestRackAwareTaskPlacement FAILED

I run each failed test case for 4 times, the above 9 cases failed for each
round, while the last case succeeded twice and failed twice.

I also tested 0.20.203 rc1 with the same testing environment some time
earlier, and got almost the same result(with the failed cases attached
below)

[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestart FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestartWithLostTracker
FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerSafeMode FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TestMRWithDistributedCache FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TestTrackerDistributedCacheManager
FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestMiniMRMapRedDebugScript FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestRecoveryManager FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTaskTrackerLocalization FAILED
[junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.TestHdfsProxy FAILED

Could somebody have a look on these failed test cases? Or tell me if I set
anything wrong in my environment? Many thanks.

PS: I referred to http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions about
setting the testing environment.

--
Best Regards,