HBase >> mail # user >> RPC Replication Compression

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-06-04, 08:21
Re: RPC Replication Compression
> 0.96 will support HBase RPC compression
Yes

> Replication between master and slave
will enjoy it as well (important since bandwidth between geographically
distant data centers is scarce and more expensive)

But I can not see it is being utilized in replication. May be we can do
improvements in this area. I can see possibilities.

-Anoop-
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Asaf Mesika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to make sure if I read in the internet correctly: 0.96 will
> support HBase RPC compression thus Replication between master and slave
> will enjoy it as well (important since bandwidth between geographically
> distant data centers is scarce and more expensive)

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-06-04, 12:22
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-06-04, 16:48