HBase, mail # user - How to monitor total disk access in HBase?

+
yun peng 2012-11-10, 15:03
+
Stack 2012-11-12, 05:59
+
PG 2012-11-12, 16:51
Re: How to monitor total disk access in HBase?
Otis Gospodnetic 2012-11-13, 02:01
Hi,

I was just trawling HBase JIRA for this info after one happy user of SPM
for HBase asked if we could show read requests separately from write
requests.

See

There is also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3869, but it's
still patchless.

Otis
On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM, yun peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, I want to profile the # of disk access (both random and sequential)
> issued from HBase (into HDFS). For disk reads, I have tried use
> blockCacheMissCount, which seems working. But is it the correct way for
> reads (I can't confirmed it from HBase documents)?
>
> For disk writes, I can't find any metrics in HBase. How should one get disk
> writes in HBase?
>
> Besides, it's best if I can obtain separate numbers regarding to random
> access and sequential access. Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Yun

+
Elliott Clark 2012-11-13, 15:43