Hadoop, mail # user - Hadoop upgrade Java version

RE: Hadoop upgrade Java version
Michael Segel 2011-07-19, 11:51

Yeah... you can do that...

I haven't tried to mix/match different releases within a cluster, although I suspect I could without any problems, but I don't want to risk it.

Until we have a problem, or until we expand our clouds with a batch of new nodes, I like to follow the mantra... if it aint broke, don't fix it.
(I would suggest if / when you upgrade your java that you bounce the cloud. Even with a rolling restart, you have to plan for it...)