Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Running an ensemble in one JVM

Re: Running an ensemble in one JVM
Yes it is.

Just use "org.apache.zookeeper.test.QuorumUtil" methods; but you need to
checkout Zookeeper from its repository and compile it since distribution
does not include 'test artifacts' (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1101).

You will also need to apply the following patches:

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1172 > It allows to
   specify an StatisHostProvider where server addresses are not shuffled; so
   you know in advance which server the client is connected to and shutdown it
   to force a Disconnected event.
   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1214 > It fix a bug
   that prevented to work with the ensemble in one jvm.

Regrettably, the above patches are not committed yet and where generated
from zookeeper-trunk; so for the time being you need to use zookeeper-trunk
instead of latest release (3.3.3).

I've successfully simulated Disconnected, SyncConnected and Expired events;
so let me know if you need more help.

BR,
/César.