MapReduce, mail # dev - How to Free-up a Map Slot without Killing the Entire Job?

+
Sreejith Ramakrishnan 2013-06-28, 21:13
+
Kun Ling 2013-06-29, 01:42
+
Sreejith Ramakrishnan 2013-07-07, 22:38
Re: How to Free-up a Map Slot without Killing the Entire Job?
Steve Loughran 2013-06-29, 19:05
there's a scheduler in contrib/ that does pre-emption. look here

https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/tree/branch-0.22/mapreduce/src/contrib/dynamic-scheduler

On 28 June 2013 22:13, Sreejith Ramakrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm trying to implement a scheduler (EDF). The scheduler should be able to
> kill or free-up a running map slot so that it can be assigned as a map slot
> to another job.
>
> I did some looking around and found a kill() method in
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress. But, this kills the entire job. I
> want the job to still be working after a map slot has been removed from it.
>
> Can you guys tell me the right method/class to use?
>
> Thanks

+
Sandy Ryza 2013-06-29, 20:46