MapReduce, mail # dev - How to Free-up a Map Slot without Killing the Entire Job?

Re: How to Free-up a Map Slot without Killing the Entire Job?
Steve Loughran 2013-06-29, 19:05
there's a scheduler in contrib/ that does pre-emption. look here

https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/tree/branch-0.22/mapreduce/src/contrib/dynamic-scheduler