Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: how to find top N values using map-reduce ?

Re: how to find top N values using map-reduce ?
Hi,

Can you tell more about:
 * How big is N
 * How big is the input dataset
 * How many mappers you have
 * Do input splits correlate with the sorting criterion for top N?

Depending on the answers, very different strategies will be optimal.

--
Eugene Kirpichov
http://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekirpichov