Flume, mail # user - how to print the channel capacity

+
liuyongbo 2013-05-15, 05:37
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-05-15, 08:20
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-05-15, 08:46
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-05-15, 08:49
+
liuyongbo 2013-05-15, 11:39
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-05-15, 11:48
+
Paul Chavez 2013-05-15, 16:36
Re: how to print the channel capacity
Matt Wise 2013-05-15, 17:10
We do the same thing, but with Collectd as our graphing/collection mechanism. I am actually going to do a blog post in the next day or two with the code to our flume data collection script, and some example graphs/etc. We've done a similar thing with Zookeeper monitoring (http://engblog.nextdoor.com/post/49942956311/apache-zookeeper-performance-monitoring).

--Matt

On May 15, 2013, at 9:36 AM, Paul Chavez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are a few ways to monitor flume in operation. We use the JSON reporting, which is available via 'http://<agent address>:<port>/metrics'. You need to start the agent with the following parameters to get this interface:
> -Dflume.monitoring.type=http -Dflume.monitoring.port=34545
> We use cacti to graph channel size both as a percentage of maximum and absolute number of events in channel. This provides warning if the sinks cannot keep up with the sources.
>
> We also graph ingress/egress event counts, much like a network bandwidth graph, for some channels to get an idea of the throughput and to see if sources/sinks are running at same speed.

+
Matt Wise 2013-05-15, 18:05
+
liuyongbo 2013-05-16, 08:06