Flume >> mail # user >> How to use HTTPS with HTTPSource?

+
shushuai zhu 2013-06-19, 20:10
+
Josh Myers 2013-06-19, 20:16
+
Ashish 2013-06-21, 09:09
Re: How to use HTTPS with HTTPSource?
Ashish,

Thanks for the pointer. So I will create my own source, say HTTPSSource, which extends the HTPSource to add the https connection, then use the custom HTTPSSource in flume.conf.

Is this the right source code you referred (I am using flume 1.3.1)?

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=tree;f=flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/http;h=fa5477033ca23c075fec6af2c391b01d1d49f69a;hb=trunk

Shushuai

________________________________
 From: Ashish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; shushuai zhu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 5:09 AM
Subject: Re: How to use HTTPS with HTTPSource?

AFAIK, HTTPSource doesn't support HTTPS. HTTP Source uses embedded jetty, so it would extending HTTP source to add SSL configuration for this.

This link should help http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/examples/embedded/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/embedded/ManyConnectors.java

It should be just few lines of code change.

Please note I am referring to source code in master branch.

Hi,

--
thanks
ashish